Nickel Drop – fun family or bar game
Many of you may be familiar with Penny Drop, one of our trademark and most popular items. We now extend the fun with Nickel Drop, a similar game with a slight variation to provide a bit more risk and strategy and probably some name-calling…. Be the first to get rid of all your nickels.
The all wood box measuring 6 x 2.5 x 2.6” is topped with a floorboard playing surface to provide both scratch and water resistance. Text is all deeply laser engraved. Includes one of our handmade and 7/8" dice.
Made in our Hudson Florida shop, copyright Creative Crafthouse
For 2 or more players
EACH PLAYER NEEDS 12 nickels : note - you can use 10 or 11 nickels if you want to make a faster game
THE OBJECT OF THE GAME IS TO BE THE FIRST TO GET RID OF ALL OF YOUR NICKELS.
1. Determine who goes first by each player rolling the single dice cube. Highest # goes first; then play proceeds in a clockwise direction.
2. Player rolls the die and must put a nickel in the game board slot corresponding to the number shown on the die.
3. If the player rolls a number that already has a nickel in it, they must take all of the nickels showing on the board and then the turn goes to the next player. The EXCEPTION to this is if a 5 is rolled and there is already a nickel in the 5 slot. In this case, the player still loses his turn but first takes the nickel from the 5 slot and gives it to any player of his choice. (this is where the name calling comes into play…)
4. A player must take at least one roll, but can take as many rolls as they want until they get stuck as in rule #3.
5. Hole number 6 lets the nickel falls inside the box so you can roll as many as 6’s as possible without penalty
6. Play continues until a player runs out of nickels and is declared the winner. The nickels are redistributed to start the next game.
7. A fun way to wager on the game would be for each player to put a quarter or a sum of money inside the box prior to the game starting. The winner would then be awarded that money.